Life is so busy on the career side right now that I have let a lot of other stuff fall by the wayside. Okay that’s not at all true. I’ve mostly just let this blog and reading fall by the wayside (unless it happens to be a book for work or school). Everything else has taken over my life and I think it’s both good and bad.
Growing pains due to change though are making me a little uncomfortable.
I miss blogging, putting it out there what I have to say and not holding back my opinion because frankly I’ve never been one to do so. But with all the other writing I’m doing on a weekly basis right now the last thing I want to do is write more at the end of the day. And I feel like my opinions are better reserved for micro-blogging like Facebook statuses and twitter posts.
I hate that.
But yet here I am about to bullet point my life in a convenient snack sized portion for two reasons – 1. Just to get it out there at all and 2. In order to hopefully not take up too much of your time so you’ll have time to swing by and read it.
- I’ve finished 2 classes now through my library’s free continuing education credit courses in UniversalClass – Advertising, Sales & Marketing Writing and Freelancing 101. Both were quality classes that gave me overview insight into the industry and opened my eyes to new ways to approach my business.
- I recently invested in a program from AWAI called Accelerated Program for Six-Figure Copywriting because I want to learn even more about this fascinating industry and how to start making a real living from sitting at my monitor and banging on the keyboard all day. And I will. I plan to be at six-figures within two years. It will take mad work and focus but I’m giving it everything I’ve got.
- Matt & I are pretty close to narrowing down a window & floor installer and will likely be starting construction stuff in the next month. Luckily we learned a lot the first time around and won’t make those mistakes again! Hence the hiring of people…
- My exercise plan is kicking into full gear now, Matt bought the latest BeachBody program Focus T25 and I started on that this week after only getting into my other program about 3-4 days a week instead of 6. This program is 5 days a week & just 30 minutes a day (including the cool down, workouts are only 25 minutes). It is KICKING MY ASS! Never thought 25 minutes would be enough but I’m already feeling better!
- Health issues abound around here though, Matt starting having some weirdness recently so now we’re on the hunt to narrow down the problem. But as far as I’m concerned I’m CONVINCED it has to do with the house, how could we both have similar symptoms and issues otherwise? We installed a reverse osmosis water filtration system for starters. For now though he’s making the rounds at doctors. It’s freaking us both out but trying to stay as positive as we can.
- I’m still getting work from actual paying clients which is great and continuing to pitch like a mad woman because I want more. This is a full-time job, it should pay as such.
- Got my business cards in the mail this week, kind of in love with them. My goal is to hand out all 250 before November. That’s a lot of networking but I’m up to the challenge! And I overhauled my website.
- We finished binge watching How I Met Your Mother but the last season starts before the most recently completed season will be released on Netflix. Waaahhh! Oh well, that’s what the DVR is for.
- We started binge watching Buffy: The Vampire Slayer and man there was SO MUCH I forgot about on that show! I haven’t seen it since it first aired and I wasn’t an avid watcher even back then but I always enjoyed it so figured why not catch up all in a row. Impressions 15+ years later: Buffy still kicks ass, Xander is still my favorite boy’s name of all time, Spike is the funniest vampire ever written, Willow has the best hair, Giles isn’t as useless as I once thought he was, and Xander is invariably the most adorable guy on the show.
- We finally started getting rain in our monsoon season. Thank goodness, it’s been awful out there at 110+ and full humidity. But it’s a dry heat…
- We’ve got 3 weddings to attend within the next year, 2 of which are back on the east coast. Looks like I better start pulling in some cash pretty quick.
That’s probably not all but enough to digest for now.
Until who knows when because I already feel stretched way too thin as it is, I hope you’re all having a great summer.
OH RIGHT! I almost forgot…Hockey season starts in just 53 short days when the Bruins open pre-season against the Habs on September 16 in Montreal. Can’t wait for a full season this season!
• • • • • • • • • • •
Published in multiple print and online sources, Author, Blogger and Freelance Writer Jenn Flynn-Shon has been writing for publication since 2001. Follow her antics on twitter @jennshon