Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Oh It Is So On

Its all about fun today, the stars are saying it, the attitude is saying it and the blogs are screaming it! Woo hoo! I love fun! Right on Bridgete, thanks for opening up the door to some mindless fun!

Apparently I love exclamation points today in addition to fun, they are really the only appropriate punctuation marks to use when having such an awesome time! Right?


OK, the object of the game…

1. Pick 16 of your favorite movies.

2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.

3. Post them here for everyone to guess.

5. NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions.

I am omitting rule #4 (4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.) because, well that’s just how I roll. It will be more fun to chat in comments I think.

Let’s get it started in here.

1. I'm gonna hit you so hard that when you wake up your clothes will be out of style!

2. Oh I'm the weird one? You're the one calling Barry Manilow from a phone booth at 2:00 am!

3. That's right. I mean - why? Because they haven't won a World Series in a century or so? So what? They're here. Every April, they're here. At 1:05 or at 7:05, there is a game. And if it gets rained out, guess what? They make it up to you. Does anyone else in your life do that? The Red Sox don't get divorced. This is a real family. This is the family that's here for you.

4. FUCK YOU MONTY! Always gotta be right, with your little quips! We get it, man. You're fuckin' edgy and cool. Yeah! You're the coolest fuckin' guy at Shenaniganz! WHOOO! That's like being the smartest kid with Down syndrome!

5. There must be something between us, even if it's only an ocean.

6. Don't worry, Penny. There's still plenty of time to get pregnant and go on welfare.

7. Some people have a hard time explaining rock 'n' roll. I don't think anyone can really explain rock 'n' roll. Maybe Pete Townshend, but that's okay. Rock 'n' roll is a lifestyle and a way of thinking...and it's not about money and popularity. Although, some money would be nice. But it's a voice that says, "Here I am...and fuck you if you can't understand me." And one of these people is gonna save the world. And that means that rock 'n' roll can save the world...all of us together. And the chicks are great. But what it all comes down to is that thing. The indefinable thing when people catch something in your music.

8. True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love and then you catch the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blindfolded like a goddamn magic show ready to double team your girlfriend...

9. Since when is being a slut a crime in this family?

10. I can tell you the license plate numbers of all six cars outside. I can tell you that our waitress is left-handed and the guy sitting up at the counter weighs two hundred fifteen pounds and knows how to handle himself. I know the best place to look for a gun is the cab of the gray truck outside, and at this altitude, I can run flat out for a half mile before my hands start shaking. Now why would I know that? How can I know that and not know who I am?

11. You wake up at Seatac, SFO, LAX. You wake up at O'Hare, Dallas-Fort Worth, BWI. Pacific, mountain, central. Lose an hour, gain an hour. This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. You wake up at Air Harbor International. If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

12. MG: Have I stepped over some line in the sands of coolness with you? Because excuse me if somebody doesn't know the secret handshake with you. TD: There's no secret handshake. There's an IQ prerequisite, but there's no secret handshake.

13. You know what I'm going to get you next Christmas, Mom? A big wooden cross, so that every time you feel unappreciated for your sacrifices, you can climb on up and nail yourself to it.

14. You know, Charlie, there are two kinds of thieves in this world: those who steal to enrich their lives, and those who steal to define their lives. Don't be the latter. Makes you miss out on what's really important in this life.

15. Until at last I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountain side...

16. I am guided by a force much greater than luck.


As a side note, because I have seen all of these movies more than a boat load of times, I know the wording in some of the quotes is incorrect & it’s killing me not to fix it!

24 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

I don't know any of this stuff..but Rock'n Roll is different..I remember when Alan Freed started the whole thing and was in the city twice to see his shows..Let me say this..The shows today are a bore..Every famous singer was present when you went..Fats Domino, Little Richard,etc..
Now for the weather..it is still snowing and I am sick of it..like you said, Thursday/Sunday will be hit again..Sunday is suppose to be lousy..

Bridgete said...

Oh, PS, my mom got #7, the one that was driving you crazy, so you can go look at what it is now. =)

Bridgete said...

Oh, just fix the quotes. I did. =)

As for this...you have a few that I SWEAR I know - 1, 11, and 12 to be exact...

My guesses on a couple -

7 - Almost Famous (which I almost used in my list)
10 - Bourne Identity... if it's not that one, it's one of the others.

Karen said...

Sounds like a fun game - if I watched movies! LOL But even if you'd posted quotes from the few movies I *have* watched, I probably wouldn't recognize them (because I forget really fast). My DH and I are known for going to the video store, choosing movies based on the jacket, coming home and 3 minutes into the movie we look at each other and say "We've seen this, haven't we?" LOL

Bree said...

#4 WAITING... FOR THE WIN!!! Oh man I love that movie so so so much

Judi FitzPatrick said...

I don't know a single one, but #1 sounds like something G.Ed would have said and I wish I were the one making the call in #2!

Can't wait to see the answers.

Peace, hugs, & love, Mum

pastrywitch said...

The only one I know is Gandalf from The Two Towers. Little known fact: on a LOTR personality test, I scored as Gandalf. It really wasn't that flattering, sort of "you'll sacrifice everything and anyone in order to save Middle Earth. You are impatient and somewhat nasty to incompetent underlings." What's worse is it's rather accurate....

Maine-y-ac said...

#3 - Kate Hudson & Adam Sandler but I can't think of the name of the movie. The rest are a mystery to me!

Maine-y-ac said...

oops - I was way off. It's Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Fallon. Still can't recall the name though!

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

Rose - We are braving the snow to have dinner with friends tomorrow night but luckily they're in the same town :) Stay warm!

Bridgete - you're right on 7 & 10 woo hoo! (I already looked it up because it was driving me insane lol & did kick myself!)

Karen - lol! That is why Matt & I do the Netflix thing, usually no duplicates

Bree - You got it! I wanted to use the whole speech but it would have been like 200 lines.

Mum - When you find out what #1 is you will laugh for saying that, #2 I made you watch because of the B.M. reference & you kind of liked the movie...

Kate - You have taken #15...oh no! Well I'd probably be Pippin or something so don't feel too bad. Must look that up now...

Sue - You got the actors (Drew & Jimmy) Not too many movies with them in it that are about the Red Sox

So far...

Guessed:
4, 7, 10, 15

Up for grabs:
1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11-14, 16

Suldog said...

Well, I'll try #3 - Fever Pitch?

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

Jim got #3 woo hoo!

Bree said...

16: Star Wars!

Maine-y-ac said...

Good going Jim. It was on the tip of my tongue -- I could see them at Fenway Park, but just couldn't remember the film's name!

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

Nope 16 is not Star Wars but definitely a good guess Bree :)

I am inspired to write a new blog but it won't go up for a couple days so the clock is ticking people lol

Bree said...

IS 16 a Kevin Smith movie then? I could have sword Obi-Wan Kenobi says that to Han in Episode IV...

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

Nope not Kevin Smith either...but getting warmer

And I just put the quote into imdb & it only came up with the one movie, no Star Wars. The Star Wars quote (Obi-Wan) is

In my experience, there's no such thing as luck.

Bree said...

OH! hahahaa! That's a GREAT movie! I can't believe I missed that! I won't post so I don't ruin the fun. :)

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

OK everyone thanks for playing along, Bridgete this was an awesomely fun game, thanks for kicking it off!! Posting newness tomorrow so here are all the answers for everyone guessing

1. The Goonies
2. Can't Hardly Wait
3. Fever Pitch
4. Waiting
5. An Affair to Remember
6. Blue Crush
7. Almost Famous
8. Old School
9. Practical Magic
10. The Bourne Identity
11. Fight Club
12. Reality Bites
13. The Ref
14. The Italian Job
15. LOTR: The Two Towers
16. Empire Records

Woo hoo winners of correct guesses, you rock :)

Rosebud Collection said...

Just had to send a little note..Oh my Jenn, we are going to be hit tonight and not looking forward to it..I am getting too old for this crap..
Happy Holiday to you all...

Chris Stone said...

you know, i haven't seen any of the movies on your list! lol!

Bridgete said...

Jenn! We're coming up on our Bloggy-versary! I suddenly realized that the first comment I ever got from you was on my post about my flight back to Portland for Christmas last year. I remember because you commented on my weird Mraz experience when my music switched to "Plane" right as the plane hit some major turbulence.

Octavine Illustration said...

i love this!~ thanks jenn! just made my snow day a bit brighter.
okay, here's my guesses (although many are familiar [i think we have similar tastes in movies too!]):
2. Keeping the Faith
4. Goodwill Hunting (?)
7. Almost Famous (also #6, i think)
10. Bourne Identity

can't wait to see the answers!~

Sahara said...

Hey Jenn, wanted to wish you a Happy Holiday...real life here...miss you. :)