Thursday, April 3, 2008

What If...

In the spirit of keeping this going (and also because I am such a sucker for these things. Seriously I am the dork who fills out all of those "Getting to know your friends" emails even though I am pretty sure I already know all my friends favorite ice cream flavor and do not really have that much extra time on my hands.) I will allow Bree to tag me!

Please note that Bree obviously rocks because I am going to answer it anyway even though this is not really in the vein of my usual blogarific insanity but I will do my best to tie it into randomness (like that will be a problem, really).

What Ifs:

What if I could meet someone in the art world to chat with?
What a truly difficult question! With so many amazing and diverse areas of the art world it seems virtually impossible to narrow it down to just one so I will not. I will however keep the categories low so this does not become a novel. Most of the artists I love are already dead, except musicians, so if they could come back to life for this chat it would be wonderful! Architecturally speaking it would have to be Gaudi, his work is just so funky and fluid. For painters Van Gogh all day long. Spending time in that museum in Amsterdam was one of the defining days of my life; I could have spent a month there getting lost in his living dreams. Dickinson or Frost for writers. I think we all know who I would pick for a musician and luckily for me he is still alive so perhaps this will actually take place after the show next week.

What if I could have one wish granted for the benefit of all mankind?
Ensure the survival of our planet for every future generation.

What if I could travel anywhere in the world?
I would want to see every single place in the entire world. No joke, every city in every country on every continent; I love to travel and explore.

What if I could live in a period other than the present, for 24 hours?
I have been looking at this question for a very long time trying to determine when it might be that I would have liked to live if not now but I can not think of a better time than the exact moment I am living in right now.

What if I could make over three areas of my body?
My lungs. My cavity filled teeth. My brain. Luckily I am working on all of these right now.

What if I could become an animal for 24 hours?
A bear. Specifically a grizzly. Bears freaking rock.

What if I could bring someone back to life for 24 hours?
I do not think I could do this. No matter how awesome it would be to see them for that time period it would be too difficult to lose them twice.

Now the part where I have to bring this onto three other unsuspecting bloggers. OK Judi, Charmaine & Julie it is go time gals! You're welcome ;~)

And now back to your regularly scheduled blogs...

20 comments:

GreenSpaceGoods said...

Ah Van Gogh... I saw Cafe Terrace once at the High museum. It was once of the best moments of my life.

And have you looked into Vital Ground, the grizzly foundation? I've been thinking about donating to them.

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

Have not heard of Vital Ground yet but looking it up right now, thanks!

Yes I love Cafe, the stars are so pronounced and the yellow-orange of the glowing light just seems so warm and inviting. It was way too long ago we were at the museum seeing his vast collection. Have you seen his Skull With Burning Cigarette? It is one of my favorites of his due to the sheer irony in the painting. He was so far ahead of his time.

High Desert Diva said...

Hmpf! or maybe Pffft! would be better.

Actually...I haven't seen this particular tagging game...at least this is interesting...well, your answers were, not too sure mine will be.

Must think now.

Andrea said...

I liked this point, I might have to steal the questions and post on my blog. :)

Andrea said...

Oops I meant "post" not "point". lol

victoria said...

That was too cool! Your answer to the last question gave me goosebumps. So true- so true.

draagonfly said...

These were cool questions! I have a series of books called "If..." by Evelyn McFarlane; they're like party conversation starters. Just a bunch of questions in nicely bound volumes, but they're really cool to whip out when your friends are over.

Judi FitzPatrick said...

OK, much as I hated to do it, I've posted Q&A on my blog.
Loved your answers, good writing as always.
Love ya, Mum

ginger said...

i am the biggest sucker of all when it comes to the email quiz. whenever anyone i know gets one it always gets forwarded to me because everyone knows i love them so much...i'm such a dork. hah!

bears do rock, it's true :) and i sincerely hope you get to meet the man. tell him i said 'hey, what up?'

Bree said...

What fun! I loved your answers. YAY for memes. :D

High Desert Diva said...

My answers are up...

High Desert Diva said...

I got Karen from A'Musements to play...her answers are interesting. Link on my blog.

Also, one of the comments I rec'd got me thinking. If you could have a round table discussion with (famous) people, who would they be?

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

This was so much fun, glad you gals enjoyed playing along & reading my responses, I loved all of yours too :)

Char that is a great question! Do they have to be living still? If not then my round table would consist of:

Rosa Parks*
Joan of Arc
Jason Mraz
Vincent van Gogh
Jim Morrison
Sean Astin
Florence Nightengale
Dane Cook
William Shakespeare

Guess that would be a great motley crew huh? Imagine the fun we would all have mwahahahaha! How about you? Will have to check out your blog to see if you answered there!

* Ms Parks has been my personal hero since I was in grammar school; famous by default simply due to standing up for herself. As a woman, and an African American one at that, in that time period I think she had the biggest cahones ever and I can not help but respect that!

High Desert Diva said...

great answers Jenn
mine are posted on my blog

Chris Stone said...

I need to work on my cavity filled brain...

Seriously, you probably had a better conversation with Van Gogh's painting than you would with Van Gogh... though a chat with him would be interesting!

High Desert Diva said...

Jenn,

I meant to ask genius as opposed to famous...guess that must have been what I was thinking though as I typed.

Maybe that's what people read instead of genius on my blog. Martha Stewart received a number of nods. Famous, yes, genius....nope.

Verão said...

My gosh you're hilarious!! Your lungs, cavity filled teeth and brain... Classic...

I would ask Da Vinci if he really put secret messages in the Last Supper.

I would want to see how it was in the 50's- Manila in the 50's.

The others- well I'd really have to think it through...

Judi FitzPatrick said...

DONE!

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

Awesome, thanks Mum :) It is weird that it says the same thing so I would not really know if reading someone else's blog comments if one was deleted by the owner or the commenter...hmmm. Oh well, guess some things are left to mystery :~)

Julie said...

Wow, this place is just about as hoppin' as the freshness factor!

Well, you've seen my original answers, but I guess I'll have to post an addendum about my round table, huh? Though, again, I would be happy with defaulting to your choices, Jenn.